Don't get the thread title? It's a callback to previous LPs, linked below.
Table of Contents
- 1Yr. 4Mo. 1Wk. - In Case You Were Wondering... (below)
- 1Yr. 4Mo. 1Wk. - 1/4 Acre And a Garu
- 1Yr. 4Mo. 2Wk. - The First Rule Is, No Stupid Movie Quotes
- 1Yr. 5Mo. 1Wk. - The Trees Have Eyes
- 1Yr. 5Mo. 2Wk. - You Want Me to Fight a What?
- 1Yr. 5Mo. 3Wk. - Tournaments Are Child's Play
- 1Yr. 7Mo. 3Wk. - The Road to D Class
- 1Yr. 7Mo. 4Wk. - This Week on "This Old Ranch"
- 1Yr. 8Mo. 3Wk. - Two New Mouths to Feed
- 1Yr. 8Mo. 4Wk. - Rancher Mystery Dungeon
- 1Yr. 9Mo. 1Wk. - iScream Is Weird, Rio Is Eerie
- 1Yr. 9Mo. 3Wk. - I Solve All Your Problems
- 1Yr. 10Mo. 1Wk. - Welcome to Rank D!
- 2Yr. 1Mo. 3Wk. - Time Flies, Natsu
DiesIs Just Fine, Thanks
- 2Yr. 2Mo. 1Wk. - Wait, I Had a Rival, Didn't I?
- 2Yr. 3Mo. 2Wk. - An Exercise in Futility, Part 1
- 2Yr. 3Mo. 3Wk. - An Exercise in Futility, Part 2
- 2Yr. 4Mo. 1Wk. - An Exercise in Futility, Part 2.5
- 2Yr. 4Mo. 2Wk. - An Exercise in Futility, Part 3
- 2Yr. 4Mo. 3Wk. - An Exercise in Futility, Part... Wait, What?
- 2Yr. 5Mo. 2Wk. - The Five-Man Band Is Complete
- 2Yr. 7Mo. 2Wk. - It's Gourdon! And Some Other Guys
- 2Yr. 7Mo. 4Wk. - You Win Some, You Lose Some
- 2Yr. 10Mo. 2Wk. - Dodongo Dislike Dismemberment
- 2Yr. 10Mo. 3Wk. - Will Gourdon Die For My Sins?
- 2Yr. 12Mo. 2Wk. - Every Murder Needs a Montage
- 3Yr. 4Mo. 2Wk. - Death and Deception
- 3Yr. 5Mo. 3Wk. - Rio... Puuuuuuunch!
- 3Yr. 5Mo. 4Wk. - Things I Do Not Want to Talk About
- 3Yr. 6Mo. 2Wk. - Of Magic Medals and Mocchis
- 3Yr. 6Mo. 3Wk. - A Mad Mocchi Malefactor
- 4Yr. 1Mo. 3Wk. - Chucky Gets Long in the Tooth
- 4Yr. 2Mo. 2Wk. - What Makes You Think I'm Being Defensive?
- 4Yr. 8Mo. 1Wk. - Rio Gets Mugged By Plot
- 4Yr. 8Mo. 2Wk. - The Truth Comes Out
- 4Yr. 9Mo. 1Wk. - How Deep Is The Hare Hole?
- 4Yr. 9Mo. 4Wk. - Final Boss Lair, Detected
- 4Yr. 10Mo. 1Wk. - Well, Fuck.
- 4Yr. 10Mo. 2Wk. - Chucky Has Gone Bye-Bye. What Have You Got Left?
- 4Yr. 10Mo. 2Wk. - Game Over
- 4Yr. 10Mo. 2Wk. - Generation Two
Mar 11, 2008
Hey there. You may be wondering why I haven't posted in a while. Sorry about that. See, I got into a bit of an... well, let's just call it an 'incident' at school. They wound up kicking me out, which meant no free Internet access. And more to the point, no housing.
Fortunately, I was able to hop a boat headed to Togle. Togle's the capital of Nettle Kingdom. They're on the cutting edge of monster breeder technology; they're using stuff those chumps in FIMBA and IMA only wish they had.
This is some crazy lady I met on the boat. I dunno who she is, but looking at that outfit, I'm guessing 'exotic dancer'.
And that's me, in the process of being kicked out of my bed by said crazy lady. Okay, technically it was her bed. I didn't have the cash for a berth. Still, she didn't have to be a jerk about it.
Naturally, the commotion attracted some attention from the authorities. Lucky for me, it was a guy from the shrine and not the cops. He managed to smooth things over with whatshername by promising to take care of me. So I decided to finish my nap on the docks.
Unfortunately, he meant what he said. One kidnapping and theft later, I wake up who knows where and scare the crap out of some lady who was watching me sleep. I think she's a nun or something.
In retrospect, I think I could have phrased myself better.
About then the shrine guy showed up again with my stuff and made introductions. He's Cesare, and the nun in training is his daughter, Rio.
Is it just me, or does that smile scream 'You cannot possibly comprehend how awesome my secret plan is'? Anyway, he got right to the awkward questions, first one...
...and then another. I mean, he couldn't have known I'm an orphan, but come on.
But then, maybe he did know. I mean, it just seems a little convenient that he just happened to have some ranchland that nobody was using and was willing to let someone who doesn't even have a degree raise monsters on it. Someone who he could have gotten in a lot of trouble if he'd wanted to. Someone who nobody'd miss if he just... vanished.
He even insisted I use a particular Saucer Stone of his for the first regeneration. You watch, I'll find out tomorrow someone was bludgeoned to death with a Saucer Stone.
Still, maybe he's just a nice, overly trusting old man. Until I see some bloodstains on his sleeve or something, I'm gonna hope for the best.
I have to admit, seeing a shrine in action for the first time was pretty cool. They really go overboard on the special effects; solar eclipses, glowing runes, lightning strikes... I tried to take a video of it, but my crappy camera phone wasn't up to the task.
I did get a video of the end result, though. Cute little guy. Scrappy.
I gotta get going; Cesare's letting me use his computer, but he looks like he's getting impatient. Rio's gonna take me out to the ranch; I'll let you know more once I get the chance.
Oh hey, while I'm thinking of it... anybody got name suggestions for a Garu?