I've played several RPGs, and as of yet I can't think of any quite like this one. Eternal Mana is a game that I think of as being far less than the sum of it's parts it has many great ideas, and a couple less great but still kinda neat ideas, and yet on the whole it comes across as largely generic. The main characters are okay but largely forgettable, and the main plot is nothing to write home about, either. The gameplay is a bit better; there are several interesting and unusual mechanics, some of which were implemented well, others that weren't so much.
As I said, though, there are several parts of the game that I think really deserve credit, and I hope to show them off with this LP. Some of the NPCs are surprisingly well developed, even more so than the main characters. In particular, a few of the shopkeepers have intricate and engrossing backstories that you can witness or ignore throughout the game. On a related note, this game puts a great deal of focus on item creation, with two main systems that allow you to make new and better stuff as you get through the game.
Fortunately, I enjoy the game well enough despite it's mediocre parts, and so I'm here to show off the whole thing for you all so you can get the good bits without having to sit through too terribly much of the bad.
As far as participation goes, you will of course be allowed to pick my party as the game progresses, and perhaps decide in what order I do things whenever we a bunch of options. As usual, please keep spoilers in tags, and try not to veer into spoilers for the rest of the series. And of course, please let me know if theres a Cool Thing you want me to show off, especially if it's missable.
So sit back and join me on a trip to Regallzine, in search of the best things this land has to offer...
Table of Contents
- Update 1: The Weakling
- Update 2: Galgazits
- Update 3: Fire and Destruction
- Update 4: Daphne's Book
- Update 5: Mushrooms and Magoo
- Update 6: The Item Co-Lector
- Update 7: The Catgirl
- Update 8: Wings
- Update 9: Puni
- Update 10: Bread and Bread Related Things
- Update 11: Stone
- Update 12: Their Healers Outnumber Mine
- Update 13: Sidetracked
- Update 14: Fort Galga
- Update 15: Spare Change
- Update 16: The Other Wind Mana
- Update 17: Books
- Update 18: Delsus is a Jerk
- Update 19: Groovecube
- Update 20: Please Don't Stand On Our Huge Game Table
- Update 21: The Land of Mana
- Update 22: Prism
- Update 23: Crafting Craft
- Update 24: Atelier Bunny?
- Update 25: Aroma Salts
- Update 26: The Lady Knight
- Update 27: Where's Rurona?
- Update 28: Pieces of the World
- Update 29: Rosie Ann
- Update 30: No Healing Allowed
- Update 31: Corrida de Toros
- Update 32: Extreme Poison
- Update 33: Unnecessary Precaution
- Update 34: Revenge of the Puni Brothers
- Update 35: Frozen Lithograph
- Update 36: Apprentice Blacksmithing
- Update 37: Pale Wing
- Update 38: Seduction
- Update 39: Ups and Downs
- Update 40: Get Smart
- Update 41: Hardcore Archery Beatdown
- Update 42: Dessert Overload Imminent
- Update 43: Night on the Cliff
- Update 44: The Chronolex
- Update 45: False Start
- Update 46: Deceitful Wings
- Update 47: A Gentleman and/or a Scholar
- Update 48: In Search of Candy
- Update 49: All The Items
- Update 50: Three Little Pigs
- Update 51: Postgame Postscript Post