Welcome to Hammer Floyd's Baldur's Gate Let's Play!
Hey all. I've been talking about it for a while, so here it finally is. My Let's Play of Baldur's Gate. Before we begin, I'd just like to explain how this is going to work. This post will also act as a table of contents for all the updates.
Right, this LP will be a run through of Vanilla Baldur's Gate. There's no mods or anything like that. In my opinion, most of them are unnecessary (except maybe fixpacks) and Baldur's Gate is big enough as is. I have the Expansion Pack installed for those little tweaks and additions, but we wont be running through the Expansion Pack. At least not until after we've done the main plot.
Speaking of which: I will show EVERY side-quest that this game has to offer as well as finishing the main plot. There may be 3 or 4 little ones that I miss, but chances are, they're one of the many Fedex missions where you take <item> from <person A> to <person B> and get <reward>.
I'll be doing this in the same way that Scorchy did his LP of KOTOR 2 (Go read it. It's probably the best Screenshot LP I've ever read. It actually makes the game seem good). I prefer to let the game speak for itself rather than try to write my own dialogue between the characters. Mostly because there are some great moments of dialogue in this game that I wouldn't be able to match.
In terms of updates: There will generally be 1 update every 2 days. It's a screenshot LP and I'll do my best to keep it to roughly 30 screenshots per update. Once this thread starts rolling, I'll try to restrict it to about 3 updates per page for the sake of everybody's browsers not dying.
I think that covers it. Let's play.
Table of Contents
- Update 1: Candlekeep
- Update 2. The Long and Winding Road
- Update 3: Hunting
- Update 4: The road is long
- Update 5: Took us long enough
- MINI-UPDATE! Little things I've missed
- Update 6: The first Gno-ell
- Update 7: Part A
- Update 7: Part B
- Update 8: You call this a break?
- Update 9: Of Brage and Bandits
- Update 10: Grave-Robbing
- Update 11: Dungeons but no Dragons
- Update 12: Tying up loose ends
- Update 13: Cloakwood Forest Part 1
- Update 14: Through Fire And Flames
- Update 15 Part 1: The Cloakwood Mines
- Update 15 Part 2: Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to work we go...
- Update 16: The Road To Baldur's Gate
- Update 17: "Welcome" to Baldur's Gate
- Update 18: A busy night
- Update 19: What the hell is a Doppleganger?
- MINI-UPDATE! Imoen's new sword
- Update 20: Dueling Mages
- Update 21: Legendary Stuff
- Update 22: Help, I'm running out of witty captions
- Update 23: They seem to be rusty
- Update 24: Welcome Home
- Update 25: Holy shit
- Update 26: Haven't we been in enough dungeons yet?
- Update 27: Return to Baldur's Gate
- Update 28: Taking it down from the inside.
- Update 29: The Diary of Sarevok
- Update 30: The Duke's a Hazard
- Update 31: Run.
- Update 32: Revenge.
- Update 33: The End