Part 24: Day 22 - Two fish and ten breadfruitDay 22 Two fish and ten breadfruit
For our morning chores, I put two wood to fire, and juice two fruit. For Illyana's level up, I give her 7 constitution, and 6 knowledge.
Alice & Julia Rest
Yuri & Al Chat
This is pretty useful, as all of Al's major skills can be done with two people. Having a good relationship with the other person will allow him to work more efficiently. Yuri also levels up, and I put all 6 points to cooking.
Illyana Research (Result discovered the meat dryer)
This is useless. The meat dryer is terrible for two reasons:
1. It requires someone with the cooking skill to operate.
2. In the sequence of tasks each day, the drying takes place after cooking, but before hunting or fishing. Right now, Yuri can cook up a huge number of fish each day, so there will almost never be anything left for drying. And any newly caught fish or meat will not be available until the next time-period.
If you are bringing in too much meat to eat, then you should do the following:
1. Feed it to your crew. If everyone is already at 0% hunger, then proceed to step 2.
2. Cook it up and serve it tomorrow. Only a small number of meals will degrade, and even then it will only be one step per night. If you have a good cook, then most of the meals will be three stars, so even the degraded ones will still be two stars. If there is too much food to cook, proceed to step three.
3. Switch people from hunting/fishing to other jobs. Even resting/chatting is fine, because then they will be in peak condition when you need them to start working again.
Winters Harvest fruit (Result 4x fruit)
Jacob & Bob Fish (Result 1x fish)
Ok, get your gear Jacob. You are going back out to the beach.
Nope, try again.
Sigh. We only have one more go before this fishing spot is exhausted, so you had better get a fish this next time.
When I said get a fish, I meant get as many fish as possible, not get only one fish. Yuri will need to slice it extra thin to make it stretch for tonight's dinner.
I feel sorry for Jacob, so I let him have a bottle of painkillers before benching him.
Al & Illyana Rest
Jacob & Bob Chat
Unfortunately, fishing is not a utility skill, so it will not benefit from this.
Yuri Cook (Result 2x fish become 2x Tasty Meals)
Winters Gather stone (Result 2x stone)
Alice & Julia Explore (Result found another cute animal, and Julia levels up)
I wonder if this is the same animal that took our herb last time. For right now, I think I will keep this guy around as emergency rations.
If we ever have a bad morning fishing, we can always bag the little guy and let Yuri cook'em up.
I don't know what is sweeter: Illyana, or all the fruit they gathered. It looks like we might have a decent meal tonight after all.
Al and Illyana managed to bring home the bacon last night, so we are doing fine on the hunger front, and only Julia is fatigued (lousy Lazy trait).
We can try to gather supplies for hunting gear, or save our stuff for the next project.
Harvesting fruit (2 people max)
Craft (2 people max)
Research (2 people max)
Rest (3 people max)
Chat (no max)
Explore (3 people max)
Scavenging Wood/Rope/Stone/Herbs (2 people max)
Fishing (2 people max)
Cook (1 person max)
1x Painkillers (-20% Injury)
1x Ancient Knowledge (+1 to all Skills)
1x First Aid Mag. (+5 Medicine)
1x Empty Bottle
3x Drugs Cures sickness, but cannot use without the proper tech
Smelly Cheese (-20% Hunger, + 10% Sickness)
3x Bandage - Cures injury, but cannot use without the proper tech
2x Rum (+/-10% Hunger, Sickness, & Depression)
4x Soy Sprouts (decrease hunger from 1-5%)
1x Cursed Fiance Ring (-20% Fatigue, + 10% Depression)
[s]Fire crystal (-20% to all negative states)
1x Decoy (+5 Hunting)
3x Skull (???)
6x Happy mushrooms (-20% depression, +10% sickness)
[s]Camouflage Cloak (+5 stealth)
Misc crafting materials