I got two games when I first got a Playstation. One was Final Fantasy Tactics, and the other one? This game. This game is horribly inscrutable and opaque, and requires an understanding of the mechanics never quite explained anywhere and everything falls apart if you make too many mistakes.
Luckily for me, I had the strategy guide. When the game stops being obtuse, I think it's a lot of fun.
Yes, this was my first LP way back in early '09, but I feel like I've gotten a lot better at LPs since then so why not have a go at making this one better?
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Welcome to Digimon World!
- Chapter 2: Fistfights are the fastest way to make friends (Native Forest)
- Chapter 3: Jake gets tapeworms! (Drill Tunnel)
- Chapter 4: Bungle in the Jungle 2011 Edition (Tropical Jungle)
- Chapter 5: Tiger-Wolf vs. The Human Torch (Lava Cave)
- Chapter 6: Where the zebras and cockatrices play (Mt. Panorama and Gear Savanna)
- Chapter 7: Eau de Geek (Geko Swamp, Stuff about town)
- Chapter 8: Das Digitalkapitel (Great Canyon, Some Freezeland)
- Chapter 9: This game is a whole series of non sequiturs (Ogre Fortress)
- Chapter 10: Sea-Dragonmaster Pro Edition (Dragon Eye Lake and Beetle Land)
- Chapter 11: Dinosaur Time! (Ancient Dino Region)
- Chapter 12: A Dog and Human Show (More Freezeland, Misty Trees, Random stuff)
- Chapter 12.5: It's VOTING TIME!
- The Rebirth
- Chapter 13: Training Montage 1 (Fresh to Champion)
- Chapter 14: Bless my soul, Herc was on a roll
- Chapter 15: Wow,what a surprise! (Secret Beach Cave)
- Chapter 16: Your blood pressure just went up.(Factorial Town, 1st)
- Chapter 17: Robot Fights! (more Factorial Town)
- Chapter 18: The History of The World, by Johnny, Age 5. (A lot of other stuff)
- An alternate history for the mildly curious
- Chapter 19: The angels are out of place really.
- Chapter 20: Fighting Cyborg-Dragons.
- Chapter 21: Even the best laid plans go awry.
- Chapter 22: The first trip was so grand I had to have another one!
- Chapter 23: Beetle Adventures
- The Rerebirth
- Chapter 24: I wish ReggaePlantmon was real. (Fresh to Champion)
- Chapter 25: The chicken farmer smiles, a single tear falling down his cheek.
- Chapter 26: Mansionvania (Grey Lord's Mansion)
- Chapter 27: Gentlemen, Behold!
- Chapter 28: But if your Lego house has a roof you can't put a guy in the chair! (Toy Town)
- Chapter 29: Well if the roof is made of Legos which are made of ice I guess it'll melt so you can put a guy in the chair. (Ice Sanctuary)
- An alternate history for those who vaguely care.
- Chapter 30: Farewell to Digimon World! (Back Dimension)
- Other updates
- Making the obtuse less so: stats
- Special Report: Every goddamn tournament in this fucking game unless your Digimon is some sort of bronzed god.
- Shoving Boulders Around
- Was it all worth it in the end?
- Schrodinger's Beetle
- Unimaginable Pro Horticulturists
- Choose your own dismal failure! One possible ending!
WHAT TIME IS IT?! By Comrade Question.
Epee Em keeps making things and why can't I look away.
FUCK THIS STUPID SUCCESSFUL DIGIVOLUTION! by Screaming Idiot.
Epee Em should pitch these to Namco-Bandai. They might fit it.
My muscles are twitching! It's time to shoot lasers! By ComradeQuestion.
His tiny insect brain can only understand hurting people. By Daigerus.
Ringo, postmortem. By Synthorange.