Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime was developed by TOSE and published by Square Enix for the DS back in December 2005, then given an English release in September of the following year. Its the second game in a trilogy and the only one available in English, but thankfully requires no knowledge of its GBA predecessor.
The gameplay is a mix of overhead action and a certain battle mode Id like to leave as a surprise for the unspoiled. Plenty of familiar monsters and the usual array of puns will be present along with a few other nods to the main series, VIII in particular. (OFS is doing a great LP of that game right now. I recommend checking it out.)
Table of Contents
- Update 01: What usually happens to peaceful starting villages?
- Update 02: Forest Foray.
- Update 03: The Treasure of Tootinschleiman.
- Update 03b: Taking Stock.
- Update 04: Cowardly Cactus.
- Update 05: A new challenger appears!
- Update 06: Railway Wreckage.
- Update 07: Here be Wyrtles.
- Update 08: Spoilers ahead.
- Update 08b: Prepare to Vote.
- Update 09: The worst liar.
- Update 10: Complications and detours.
- Update 11: Ups and downs, highs and lows.
- Update 12: Sadly, no flamenco music.
- Update 13: The Plobfather Revealed!
- Update 14: Taking to the Skies.
- Update 15: Noble Goals.
- Update 16: Wait, thats the plot?
- Update 17: Tying up loose ends.
- Tank Masters: Rank C.
- Tank Masters: Rank B.
- Tank Masters: Rank A.
- Tank Masters: Rank S.