Part 11: I Solve All Your Problems1Yr. 9Mo. 3Wk.
Mister Manly showed up today, but he brought some bad news with him.
Not only have training gadgets stopped working, but official competitions have been canceled because most people can't train their monsters without them. Our gadgets seem to still be working, knock on Mockruji.
Still, I have the feeling it's only a matter of time before we're affected too. The good news is, I think we may be able to use the cave system to find the source of this particular problem. Better get the guys ready.
I gave the monsters some of the less expensive items they'd found, like Yarn Balls and a Junk Toy; they seemed to enjoy the gifts. Well, Chucky and iScream did; Natsu didn't care for the toy.
Then I went into town to see Yuri; I sold off all the rest of the loot we'd acquired and bought some food.
1Yr. 9Mo. 4Wk.
Bad Blocken! Bad!
In case you were wondering how a Blocken can step on its own eyes... now you know.
With training out of the way, we headed down into the caves again, getting deeper than before. Mostly it was boring, with only the following events of note:
- Chucky hit Level 8, learning King's Fist (more fist power), Keen Fang (more fang power), SuperClaw (a short-range, extremely painful attack), Fire Kick (a mid-range accurate and powerful attack), and Fire Upper (a mid-range high-crit attack).
- Natsu hit Level 7, learning Hard Scale (less damage taken but fewer attacks avoided), Whip Tail (more tail power), HiSpeed Ride (letting me ride him to avoid encounters), Golden Foot (more foot power), Jump Kick (a short-range powerful but inaccurate kick), Tail Slap (a far-range powerful move), and Charge (a medium-far range high-power and high-accuracy attack).
- iScream hit Level 7, learning Golden Foot, Cave Search, Sniper (more shooting power), Nasty (a medium and far range guts drainer), and 100 Blows (a far-range powerful but inaccurate laser attack).
- I learned that Final Guts can trigger more than once. Annoyingly.
- Some treasure boxes are really JackInTheCho. I beat up the one I found without trouble.
- Natsu got KOed, but iScream jumped in to win the fight. Unfortunately, that still left Natsu too injured to fight, or to learn anything from watching the others fight.
...this. Turns out he wasn't just screaming, though; Rio obliged with a translation. Apparently increased Geonyte use woke him up, and now that he's awake he needs to use it to stay awake. I kind of feel bad for him, but on the other hand, I can't help but think of other things said to dwell deep in the earth and sleep until the stars are right.
So it's probably for the best that he gave me an excuse to attack him.
He did some bibbidy-bobbidy-boo thing...
...and fried iScream with lightning. He was still standing, but clearly not up to the challenge.
Chucky, on the other hand, was only too happy to show us his moves.
I'm glad he's on our side. Anyway, the big bird yielded to our superior might and fell back asleep...
...but not before saying something that freaked Rio out. She wouldn't tell me what, though. I wish she'd be more forthcoming about this sort of thing.
This unlocks the Raiden breed.
I took a feather as a souvenir of the trip. And now I'm going to sleep for a while.
...what are the odds that the problem would be centered under our ranch?