Intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg8g9vB9BMA
Restaurant Empire is a 2003 restaurant sim game for the PC developed by Enlight Software. Enlight made a sequel in 2009 which included both the original Restaurant Empire as well as a new campaign following the story of Restaurant Empire 1. I will be playing the original game as included in Restaurant Empire 2.
Why would you play this game?
Restaurant Empire is kind of an obscure game. I've never met anyone else who has played this game, and Restaurant Empire 2 currently has a "Mixed" rating on Steam, which would normally suggest that the game is garbage. However, I really like the game, and I think it has a lot of charm. It's got a weird plot, incredibly ugly restaurants and all your customers are assholes who want you to pay them $20,000 so they can reveal the secret of adding cinnamon to your pork casserole.
Can I help run this restaurant into the ground?
Yes, you can! For one, I'll need the thread's help putting together the menu and deciding on the decor for our restaurant, Treize à Table, as well as any other restaurants we acquire throughout the game.
Note that some recipes are really bad in gameplay terms, either because they take a long time to prepare or they have really slim (or even negative) profit margins. In the spirit of being a terrible amateur restauranteur, I'll put those recipes on the menu if you really want me to, but I may have to temporarily remove them if they are making it really difficult for me to finish a mission!
Table of Contents
- Episode 1: Treize à Table
- Interlude: Let's talk about good and bad recipes
- Episode 2: I need a mortgage to buy this cookbook
- Episode 3: Welcome to Friday Night Supper Slam
- Episode 4: A family restaurant
- Episode 5: My account password is "password"
- Episode 6: No items, Final Destination, soups only
- Episode 7: No guilt in victory
- Episode 8: The secret of the French spaghetti
- Episode 9: But everyone calls me
- Episode 10: Nah, that's too obvious, how about "Hardy Johnson"?
- Episode 11: The power of the soul
- Episode 12: My, my! At Waterloo, Napoleon did surrender
- Episode 13: There is no spoon
- Episode 14: No, strip mine our customers HARDER
- Episode 15: A restaurant for a king
- Episode 16: Imagine a boot stamping on a floppy chef's hat forever
- Episode 17: Fuckin' microwaves. How do they work?
- Episode 18: The stuffing to end all stuffing
- Current recipe list
DAMN IM HUNGRY's portrait of Armand.
Aesculus' gif of Armand's sweet moves.
Nondevor's more accurate representation of our recipe for Crepes Marcie
habeasdorkus' fabulous sign for our ristorante La Cosa Nostra
MaxieSatan's cooking tips
lofi's awesome rebranding of the Gentille Alouette
Zagglezig's kickass logo for the Funky Elvis