Hey it's SUMMONER. Wait. Does this look familiar?
Summoner, developed by Volition, Inc. was released on October 26, 2000 as a launch title for the PlayStation 2 and was subsequently ported to Microsoft Windows and Mac OS.
Volition is best known for the Saint's Row series of games, which I have never played.
Point being, they aren't known for RPGs.
Summoner's combat system is a hybrid system incorporating real-time and turn-based combat,
with characters essentially "taking turns" to attack during real-time gameplay.
There is a Chain Attack mechanic as well, this can lead to absurdly long combos, basically
resulting in you slapping the enemy repeatedly as they stand there and take it until they drop dead.
Special abilities and spells are unlocked as you level and can be assigned to these chain attacks for sweet combos.
Oh yeah, and Joseph can summon stuff, or junk. Whatever.
The the backstory has a bit of depth to it as well. As you will soon see.
Though the naming does try a bit too hard. I'm looking at you Araenugeth!
The game has a pretty good soundtrack. Unreal Tournamenty.
Like a fantasy Deus Ex. Deus Enya... Given the era, that's to be expected I suppose.
Overall, it ends up being quite enjoyable, though flawed in some areas.
Flashing his sweet tat and rings of power.
+Can summon junk, like the devil
+Can use magic
+Can wear heavy armor
-If he dies while summoning, the summon will attack you
-Destroys all civilizations he comes in contact with
-Kind of a baby
-Looks like a freshly exhumed revenant
As deadly as Joseph is whiny
+Highest damage potential
+Can sneak around (Not a lie now)
+Can identify items
-Thinks Joseph is useful at the moment
MY AXE IS FIGHT
+Wants to kill Joseph
+Buffest dude around
+Coolest Dude According to the Khosani
-Hasn't killed Joseph yet
Magical Sass Generator
+Can use all offensive magic schools
+Back talks anyone in a 5ft radius
+Can light things on fire while invisible
-Jealous of Joseph because of Yago
-Made of paper
-AI loves to slam her face into enemy fists
Table of Contents
- Part 1 - Masad is burning
- Part 2 - Welcome to Lenele
- Part 3 - Anything but the Sewers
- Part 4 - Alright fine, the Sewers
- Part 5 - Flece learns the finer points of sneaking
- Part 6 - When a god says 'No, fuck you dad'
- Part 7 - Reading Rainbow
- Part 8 - The Catacombs, AKA Skeleton Party
- Part 9 - Return to Lenele
- Part 10 - Ikaemos
- Part 11 - The City of Saanavaaaauuuggghhhh
- Part 12 - Surprise Party
- Part 13 - The Tower of Eleh
- Part 14 - Wolong Talks
- Part 15 - Wolong Walks
- Part 16 - Wolong Time No See
- Part 17 - Liangshan
- Part 18 - The Jade Temple
- Part 19 - Get your ass to Medeva
- Part 20 - Jekhar and Rosalind's Bogus Journey
- Part 21 - I Fell In To A Burning Ring of Fire
- Part 22 - Bustin Makes Me Feel Good
- Part 23 - Jesus Christ, Marie. He's a mineral.
- Part 24 - Quest Queue
- Part 25 - Sahugani