Part 8: End/BonusPast posts have been tweaked/fixed a bit.
First off, here is a video I have to show you. Why do we need that whistle? Well, you don't, kind of. But hey, funny animation.
You can not die in this scene. George will just stand there and block the door. Want to leave without the eyeball? You can't. Want to leave without the whistle? Nope. Why? Because if you use the poker on George nothing happens and he just keeps still there until you pick up these items and do that puzzle.
What if Thad walked home with the gun in his hand?
Oh well! Some other things that are fun to note in this game.
- You can not use the Pistol on anything else in the game. Most of the other people that are normally able to be targeted for items are not so for the pistol.
- The Glass, Crowbar, and Whistle are not used at all in the game. They are just for progressing the story.
- Phone calls/Pager warnings will keep buzzing no matter how much time has passed until you deal with them in game.
- You can buy a crowbar from the hardware store guy on day 3, but this item has no use in the game. This includes when the study is blocked by George.
- The tavern is only open at night. After you finish all your dialog options with the bartender, he vanishes from the game after getting the stein.
- Fred's apartment after getting the lockbox money is locked and you are never allowed to access it again for the remainder of the game.
- Remember that photo you took of George while in the apartment? Yeah, never gets used for anything in the game and is just so you can pass by him later with the poker.
- It's impossible to get the pistol back from the mail box.
- Ludlow, the town the game takes place, does sort of resemble the game art.
Now just for a brief spoiler free book/game comparison.
- Black/White cop duo are not in the book.
- Alan is not in the game.
- In the book, Thad has twins.
- In the game, Thad has a wife who magically vanishes all day and night with no children.
- All three endings slightly differ from the book/movie/game. The book is by far the best, followed by an awkward short cut in the movie, and a total piece of shit in the game.
- In the book, Thad/George look vastly different.
- In the movie, Thad/George look similar like twins.
- In the game, Thad/George look like horrible mutants.
- The book is kind of like a biography of King dealing with the Richard Bachman name and it's works like Rage which was linked to three school shootings.
- The game is kind of like a biography of Symtus giving up on everything and making the worst adventure game of all time.
- Pretty much every puzzle in the game has no relevance to the movie or book.
Alright, on to the ending.
So, from our first choice we have to tell George to get another pencil. This is so we can swap his really sharp razor with the dull razor we picked up from the barber.
After that, you just tell him the most non-violent answers possible. Why? Well, Alexis Machine is about being a bad ass motherfucker and ruining the book will make George be attacked by birds. If are you confused by that sentence, don't worry, just another reason to read the book.
I dunno, I think going 110 is pretty bad ass. Anyways, after every correct answer George will swipe at Thad with the razor, but due to it being dull nothing will happen and it will continue on to the next question. Why does George not question this or wonder why his razor does nothing? Eha, it's a shit game.
Yeah! Come on, Thad! This is Alexis Machine we are talking about here!
After after that comes the end.
Not my tube because some guy actually managed to record this without it sounding horrible.
Take it easy, Hoss.