Part 33: Sep 21 2157 - Final Preparations
Before we go on, I have something important to tell you.
We have made a formal alliance with the Chmmr. Their ships can now be built in our shipyards.
In the two weeks that have passed since the Chmmr began to work on your vessel, they attached the Utwig bomb to your ship, and have also put in place their own crystalline amplification devices to boost dramatically the power of the weapon. This work is now complete, and your flagship is ready for what ever final modifications you desire. The Chmmr technicians wanted me to explain to you that the bomb and its crystal power boosters are fragile and cannot be moved from their positions at the back of your vehicle.
Now I have some bad news, and some good news. The Chmmr had to remove all your main modules, weapons, crew pods, and the whole lot, including your emergency warp escape unit, so pick your engagements carefully, Captain. In addition, their equipment now fills the rear ten slots leaving you only six for your own modules. But here's the good news: The Chmmr have provided us with an unbelievable wealth of minerals and other resources. We no longer have limits on what we can build for your flagship, or your fleet.
We're all depending on you. Goodbye, and good luck.
It's time for the final preparations before our battle with the Sa-Matra.
We have infinite RUs now, so resources aren't a concern. On the other hand: No landers, no warp drive, only six module slots. With the help of up to twelve starships, we need to go to the Crateris cluster, find the Sa-Matra, fight our way through any defenses that the Dnyarri fails to distract, then get the Heart of Gold close enough to it to detonate the amplified precursor bomb.
With that in mind, first half of our final vote! Suggest what we should do with these six slots. Our options are:
- Crew Pod: +50 maximum crew capacity.
- High Efficiency Fuel System: +100 Fuel capacity.
- Shiva Furnace: Increased combat energy regen.
- Ion-Bolt Gun: 2 damage, 2 energy to fire.
- Fusion Blaster: 4 damage, 4 energy to fire.
- Hellbore Cannon: 6 damage, 6 energy to fire.
- Tracking System: Add homing capability to all weapons, +3 energy per shot. Stops stacking at 3.
- Point-Defense Laser: Short-range defensive weapon for shooting down enemy projectiles. 1 damage, 1 energy to fire.
And here's the second half of the final vote! Which ships should we take with us into battle?
Primary target is going to be Ur-Quan vessels, but anything we encounter between here and the endboss, we have to fight - retreating is no longer an option.
So, suggest a loadout of 12 ships. Our options:
- Spathi Eluder: Maximum of 1, piloted by Fwiffo. We can't build more.
- Umgah Drone: Maximum of 2. We can't build more.
- Arilou Skiff: Maximum of 1. We can't build more.
- Yehat Terminator: Can get 4 from the Rebels, but we'd run risk of having to fight the loyalists.
- Earthling Cruiser: No limit.
- Orz Nemesis: No limit.
- Shofixti Scout: No limit.
- Supox Blade: No limit.
- Utwig Jugger: No limit.
- Zoq-Fot Stinger: No limit.
- Syreen Penetrator: No limit.
- Chmmr Avatar: No limit.
The Crateris cluster is smack dab in the middle of Ur-Quan and Kohr-Ah space. Keep in mind that, with no fuel tanks, we have exactly enough fuel to use the quasispace portal, so we'd need to rely on the Melnorme to get us the rest of the way to our destination.
This is it, guys! Vote away.