An XCOM Lets Play? Whats this one bring to the table thats different?
This one will be a narrative Lets Play, in the vein of GuavaMoments classic X-Com and X-Com Apocalypse Lets Plays. No one's tried to do that yet with THIS game, and it gives me so much to work with!
Sweet! Let me sign up
Hold your horses. Unlike classic X-Coms, the modern XCOM (note the lack of hyphen) is not meant to be a meatgrinder where you chew through a hundred soldiers. If Im lucky Ill lose and use much, much less than that. Well be doing things a little bit differently here. Ill have a few surprises in store that I wouldnt quite be able to pull off with an entirely-submitted cast of goons. That said, feel free to have submissions to the thread if you like--I love 'em!
What special options will you be using?
Itll be on Classic Difficulty, because I like a challenge without being kicked in the crotch repeatedly, and the two Second Wave options that slightly randomize soldiers stats. Thats it. No mods (mods are finicky on my computer regarding XCOM anyway sorry, no Long War!)
Try not to mention anything that I havent already covered in the thread. Im also going to be tying in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, and for those of you who played THAT, dont spoil it either, please. THANKS. That means no spoilers about plot missions, DLC missions or EXALT.
I want more XCOM LPs!
The Definitive XCOM Commanders Guide! by the incomparable Guava Moment and Jade Star!
So: let the adventure of a lifetime begin!
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Good Luck Commander!
- Part 2: Alien Hair Dye
- Part 3: Something "Outside" Your Experience
- Part 4: Four-Star Badass
- Part 5: Sergeant-Class and Lower Orientation
- Part 6: Murder Street!
- Part 7: March Mutation Madness!
- Part 8: I Need A Secondary Heart, Because My First One Broke
- Part 9: Portent
- Part 10: Stupid Nicknames
- Part 11: Seekers in the Rain
- Part 12: TERROR!
- Part 13: Friends in Low Places
- Part 14: Interrogation Bonanza!
- Part 15: April Mutations And Nightmares
- Part 16: Enemy Within!
- Part 17: Audience Participation Time
- Part 18: Who You Are Under The Mimetic Skin
- Part 19: Site Recon, AKA Chryssalid HELL!
- Part 20: Confounding Light AKA Awesome Old Man Team-Up
- Part 21: GANGPLANK!!! ("You Sunk My Battleship!")
- Part 22: Family Ties
- Part 23: The Faceplate of the Enemy
- Part 24: Alien Base Assault
- Part 25: Battle Within The Mind!
- Part 26: Alien Base Assault WITH MY MIND!
- Part 27: Spoils of War
- Part 28: Many New Faces
- Part 29: Exalt, ATTACK!
- Part 30: Base Under Attack!
- Part 31: Base Defense 1
- Part 32: Base Defense 2
- Part 33: It hurts so bad!
- Part 34: Everyone will be Upgraded!
- Part 35: Some Dam Mission (Deluge)
- Part 36: "France Gets Fucked" Week
- Part 37: The Path of Zinchenko
- Part 38: EARTH-FILTH!!!
- Part 39: Fahrenheit-451
- Part 40: MIND BULLETS!!!
- Part 41: My Hate For You Is Like A Truck (Furies)
- Part 42: Chopper Joe strikes!
- Part 43: GET PSYCHED
- Part 44: The Power of Pink
- Part 45: Rookies to the Fore
- Part 46: Goodbye, EXALT!
- Part 47: No Going Back
- Part 48: Shit Gets Real.
- Part 49: The Whole Truth
- Part 50: And Nothing But The Truth
- Part 51: Calm before the storm
- Part 52: Barge of the Damned
- Part 53: Humanity's Sunset
- Part 54: The Final Terror
- Part 55: The Final Upgrades
- Part 56: Temple Ship Assault
- Part 57: Humanity's Hope...
- Part 58: EPILOGUE: Document from Another Dimension