Part 7: Missions 6A & 6B Operations Midnight Assassin & Bear Tracks, May 10th, 1998Night-time Pursuit Plane / Attack on the Mine
Mission 6A: Operation Midnight Assassin May 10th, 1998
Mission 6B: Operation Bear Tracks May 10th, 1998
Mission 7: Operation Midnight Assassin (Legacy Version)
A rare triple update because the Bear Tracks mission isnt in Assault Horizon Legacy on account of Midnight Assassin being retooled into a plot-based mission.
Overview: Scarface Squadron is deployed on a nighttime assault on against a URF electronic warfare air wing and encounters a mysterious and deadly enemy fighter. Later, Scarface Squadron conducts a bombing run on a URF-occupied mining facility to disrupt their supply of raw materials to their war factories.
Guest Commentators: I am joined by Lazyfire for Mission 6A and 6B of Ace Combat 2, and by ACES CURE PLANES for Mission 7 of Legacy.
Lazyfire is in the midst of yet another Call of Duty LP: Call of Duty: World At War, starring 45 minutes-worth of salvaged Kiefer Sutherland audio and Gary Oldmans weirdass Russian accent from Air Force One. I stop by in Episode 8 to talk Lazyfire out of killing himself over the games terrible tank missions.
[NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE]
- [NO ADITIONAL INFORMATION AVALABLE]
A lone mysterious fighter craft encountered by Scarface Squadron during Operation Midnight Assassin. Though Allied IFF painted the fighter as hostile, there has been no indication thus far that it is affiliated with the Rebel forces. After-action analysis showed the fighter to be capable of pulling maneuvers registering G-forces well in excess of a typical fighter pilots tolerance level and beyond what a typical F-14 could be expected to survive.
The solid red plane bore no identification lettering, numbering, or iconography, and its solid black canopy prevented visual identification of its pilot. Even its transponder broadcasted garbage information rather than actual identifying data. The only discernible information that could be retrieved from the signal was the word ZOE.
FCU Allied Intelligence is investigating the matter. Expect more information soon.
Aircraft featured in Mission 6B: Bear Tracks
Manufacturer: Hawker Siddeley (previously Blackburn Aircraft Limited)
Role: Strike fighter / Bomber
Status: Retired (1994)
Primary Operators: United Kingdom, South Africa
- An enemy-exclusive plane.
- Only shows up in Ace Combat 2, and only in Mission 6B, "Bear Tracks".
- Are curiously non-aggressive towards the player. Will never attack the player and merely fly around the map aimlessly.
- Designed as an carrier-based navy strike fighte.
- Capable of carrying both conventional, anti-ship, and nuclear armaments.
- Replaced by the Panavia Tornado GR4.
- Three Buccaneers were owned at one time by Thunder City Holdings, a South African aircraft maintenance and operation company and one of the largest civilian owners of former military aircraft in the world.
Awarded for: Shooting down both Razorback F-117s in either Mission 6A or 6B.
- Plane: F-117A Nighthawk (x2)
- Game: Ace Combat 2
- Mission 6A / 6B
- Spawn conditions: Spawns by default (both missions).
- Plane: F-4E Phantom II
- Game: Assault Horizon Legacy
- Mission 7
- Spawn conditions: Spawns near the E-767.
Tracks featured in Mission 6A:
Tracks featured in Mission 6B:
10. Bear Tracks(what?) 21. Night and Day
Tracks featured in Mission 7: