The Adventures of Captain Comic (or just Captain Comic) is a 1988 DOS platform game which is known for being one of the first side-scrolling games made for IBM PC. It was developed entirely by Michael Denio. The PC version of the game was distributed as shareware.
As it's shareware the game is still freely available, so you can play along with me if you like. We play the titular captain as he attempts to recover the three lost treasures of Omsoc, apparently hidden on the planet Tambi, a world inhabited by various unpleasant and potentially deadly creatures.
Along the way we'll battle various dangers, discover useful items, and recover the three treasures. Also it's pretty fun, in my opinion.
Table of Contents
- Arrival on Tambi.
- The seaside.
- Tour the moon.
- The moonbase.
- Confusion and setbacks.
- Moving on.
- The cave.
- It's magic!
- Back to the seaside.
- More backtracking.
- This is a spaceship?
- The real Captain Comic starts here.
- Eye of the storm.
- Still in the land of coloured blocks.
- Same as last time, but this time I don't die.
- This is what the inside of a computer looks like.
- Video games are art.
- The castle at last.
- You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
- Game over.
- This is the sequel.
- An unauthorised Ukrainian total conversion mod.
- The NES port.