Part 72: Pre-Update 58: Master Bird pre-fight overviewPre-Update 58: Master Bird pre-fight overview
HP: 30000, STR: 82, TEC: 61, VIT: 55, AGI: 54, LUC: 58
- Dread Stare: Uses the head. Reduces the party's physical attack by 30% for 4 turns. Attempts to inflict fear on the party, with a 50% base chance. Has an 80% speed modifier.
- Chi Burst: Uses the legs. Deals 200% melee STR-based Bash damage to one party member. Attempts to inflict paralysis on the target, with a 60% base chance. Has no speed modifier and 99 base accuracy.
- Phoenix Strike: Uses the arms. Deals 300% melee STR-based Cut damage to one target, with splash damage. Attempts to bind hit targets' heads, with a 30% base chance. Has an 80% speed modifier and 99 base accuracy.
- Crimson Cyclone: Uses the arms. Deals 4-6 instances of 350% ranged TEC-based Fire damage to random targets. Can hit the same target multiple times. Has a 60% speed modifier and 200 base accuracy.
- Normal: Macho Plumage. 100% chance. Sells for 15000 en. 1 needed to make Fullface Helm (+1 DEF, +8 STR, -30% all damage and disable resistances, can be equipped by Beasts).
"Plumage from a talking chicken. It flinches when you pluck it, so you kind of feel bad."
100% 125% 100% 50% 100% 125%
50% 75% 0% 0% 50% 50% 0%
0% 0% 10%
50% 25% 25%
The great chicken of legend, the enlightened master of several styles of martial arts.
Master Bird comes down to "can you keep him from one-shotting your core party members, and kill him before Crimson Cyclone comes out." That's legitimately all there is to the fight. Being able to bind his head at the start to stop Dread Stare is nice, but not required.
I'm not forcing anyone for this fight, so pick whoever you want, with the following advice in mind:
- Stab and Volt damage reign supreme here--this includes Nadia, Stardust, Jackie, Rheine, Tyler, and Ranger
- At least some way to disable the Master Bird, either blind or binds, is extremely preferred
- 82 STR is a lot--it puts even the Master Bird's normal attacks in the 400-500 range against most of our guild, which is one-shot range
- Barrier will stop Dread Stare for about half the party
Damage dealers: Zack, Freyja, Stardust, Asriel, Jackie, Tyler, Ranger
Defense: Phoebe, Ursa
Support: Nadia, Realga, Milly, Sophie, Colette, Rheine
Vote for a maximum of four characters, at least one from each category, with a max of two votes per character.