|Act 1: Sato's Legacy|
|Act 2: The Path of the Katana Giri|
|The Sanro Kai||Youtube|
|Act 3: The Ghosts of the Sanro Kai|
|3-2||Night of the Komoris||Youtube|
|3-3||In the Name of the Father||Youtube|
|Ending & Credits||Youtube|
|Bonus: Off-Cameras and Multiplayer|
Note: Watch Act 2 in the order listed above (5-3-4-2), not the numerical order.
Red Steel is a first-person shooter developed by Ubisoft Paris exclusively for the Nintendo Wii, featuring gunplay and swordplay that take advantage of the Wii remote's motion-sensing capabilities. It was released alongside the Wii in November of 2006. This is the game that Nintendo hoped would get the Halo audience interested in its new console. Red Steel was critically panned, but some early adopters were still ignorant and hyped-up enough to sink $50 into it on launch day.
I am Phenwah, and I am an idiot. Welcome to Red Steel.
Game Overview (from nintendo.com):
Fight to protect your honor.
Red Steel is an exclusive Wii launch title that takes full advantage of the console's innovative controller and puts players directly into the action-packed first-person experience with the weapon in their hand - literally.
An engaging storyline unfolds as you learn that your fiancée has been kidnapped and her father - a Japanese mafia kingpin - murdered by a rival gang. The only way to save your loved one and defend your honor is to journey from Los Angeles to Japan and confront the Tokyo underworld.
By learning the ancient art of Japanese fighting with your katana and the focused precision of modern firearms, you will progress and adapt yourself to this foreign environment, where skills alone may not guarantee you victory.
- Exclusively for Wii: Red Steel is the only original first-person action game built from the ground up for the Wii.
- The Weapon is in your hand: Take full advantage of the revolutionary Wii controllers and dive into the action like never before. You'll replicate sword-fighting movements and eliminate enemies quickly by directly targeting and shooting them.
- Master the deadly steel: Execute deadly combo moves using multiple swords or choose from a variety of firearms for longer-range attacks.
- Focus is key: Learn to harness your mental power to unleash powerful attacks in dire situations, and use the "focus system" to freeze time and effectively target several enemies at once.
- Become a modern samurai: Learn the art of Japanese fighting, and then use these skills to take out your enemies or gain their respect and loyalty by sparing them.
- Multiplayer modes: Challenge friends with various split-screen multiplayer modes to see who the real master is.
LP Overview: The game has no difficulty levels. I'll be editing out most deaths and all loading times (with the exception of the first video), and recording post-commentary with friends. The game also features some sword- and gun-training, which I'll be uploading on the side with no commentary. At some point, I'll try to record some multiplayer as well.