IT'S IN YOUR BLOOD...
A month and a half have passed since the mansion lab incident. But the secrets come back to haunt you. In the next terrifying chapter in the Resident Evil series for the NINTENDO GAMECUBE system, join Jill Valentine in her attempt to escape a nightmarish city in ruins. Trapped. Help her flee from hordes of flesh eating zombies, hideous mutants and a relentless new nemesis. You'll soon discover that you must rely on cunning and brute force to stay alive. It's even more horrifying than you ever imagined...
- More Zombies... More Terror... More Evil...
- New Defensive Moves To Avoid Enemy Attacks
- Face Terrifying Mutations Stalking The Streets of Raccoon City.
- More Details of Umbrella Corporation's Devious Activities Revealed
You know what Resident Evil is. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, or Biohazard 3: Last Escape, was the last game in the main series to be released for the PlayStation, releasing almost right on top of the Dreamcast iteration, Code: Veronica. Compared to RE2 and CV, it's much lighter on exploration and story and somewhat heavier on combat and action. Turns out, when a scary monster is constantly chasing you, you don't have a whole lot of time for a complicated narrative!
Since RE3 is getting a remake very soon, and it's been a while since I last played the game, I thought it'd be fun to record a semi-(semi-)blind playthrough. Joining me on stream is Fletcher (END ME SCOOB), who has never played RE3 at all and only knows vague things about it. This is going to be a very casual playthrough where we take our time exploring the game -- I am not an expert RE player, never have been, never will be.
As you probably guessed from the above, I'll be playing the Gamecube version, emulated on Dolphin. To help snazz things up a bit, I've installed the shockingly good Resident Evil Seamless HD Project mod, which replaces the vast majority of the 2D art with high-resolution variants, upscaled through machine learning. There's no perfect solution, but like I say in the first video, the results are fantastic and better than I honestly thought was possible short of completely re-rendering the backgrounds from scratch.
01. Listen, he's comin' for us! We're both gonna die!
02. That shotgun's become a close friend of mine.
03. All the foxy ladies love my accent.
04. Hey, I'm no ordinary civvie!
05. It would have been a threat, so I eliminated it.
06. That hero stuff is harder than it looks.
07. Get out of here! Hurry!
08. It's finally over!
09. I'm one of the supervisors. That's all you need to know.
10. You seem to be doing a pretty good job of looking out for yourself.
11. I have no intention of contributing to your retirement fund!
12. You want STARS?! I'll give you stars!
B1. We Play the Resident Evil 3 (2020) Demo