IntroductionFresh off my Seiken Densetsu 3 thread, I've been itching to get back into the Let's Play arena.
Why not play the most overlooked Zelda game (and my favorite) in the series? Okay, forget Wand of Gamelon and those other crap games on the CD-I, we're talking the real deal. Sidescrolling action, and new enemies. Magic spells! Oh yeah, experience points. And it goes without little discussion that it's considered the hardest in the series. I've played it all my life, and I didn't beat it until a few years ago by legit methods (no Game Genie) on my Gamecube.
Anyways, let's hop to the game.
Master Sword? Probably not. Looks more like the Magical Sword from the original Legend of Zelda.
I learned how to play this song on piano because I love it so much. Oh wait, you can't hear it
I love the "power of the number 3 triforce." And for you Zelda nerds, at the end of Zelda, Link recovered the triforce of power and saved Zelda who had the triforce of wisdom. Can you guess what triforce we're after now?
It goes without saying that this game was a little rushed into translation. But then again, I can't think of an NES game that wasn't.
Select your character. Hmm...
Time to register my name! But wait... that's where you guys come in, duh. Gimme a unique one (i.e. no Butz). And for the record, this game kicks ass when it comes to character naming. You've got 8 characters to work with, whereas most games limit you to 5 or 6.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Name Him Downstab
- Chapter 2 - No More Short Updates
- Chapter 3 - Fear and loathing Parapa Palace.
- Chapter 4 - Do you, uh, Bagu?
- Chapter 5 - Midoro Palace is a very fine palace, indeed.
- Chapter 6 - Downstab Can Downstab!
- Chapter 7 - This Island Palace must be on ecstasy.
- Chapter 8 - A whole new world! (don't you dare close your eyes)
- Chapter 9 - Babies is Tasties
- Chapter 10 - Carock Really Creeps the Shit Out of Me
- Chapter 11 - I'm in yo ocean, destroyin' yo palace.
- Chapter 12 - Downstab takes on the palace that Lowtax (didn't really) built.
- Chapter 13 - Blast Processing: New Kasucan what old Kasudon't.
- Chapter 14 - Barba has identity issues.
- Chapter 15 - There's nothing odd about this because you've never been here before!
- Chapter 16 - How I learned to stop worrying and love the Downstab. Part I
- Chapter 17 - How I learned to stop worrying and love the Downstab. Part II
- Chapter 18 - How I learned to stop worrying and love the Downstab. Part III