Released in October 2004 on the Game Boy Advance, Rainbow Rescue bares little resemblance to its predecessors Ham-Hams Unite and Ham-Ham Heartbreak (the latter of which I LPd a couple of years ago). Knowledge of these earlier games is absolutely not required, as Rainbow Rescue features a standalone plot. This game was the first in the series to be produced by AlphaDream, a company best known for creating the Mario & Luigi series on GBA, DS and 3DS.
Were going with screenshots for the most part, with uncommentated videos added where appropriate. I would doubt that many people out there have played this game, but the amount that came out of the woodwork for the Heartbreak thread surprised me; just make sure to tag spoilers if youre discussing them.
Fair warning: This LP may be fairly .gif heavy. Theres a lot of small animations that deserve to be shown off.
Table of Contents
- Update 01: No longer looks like a word.
- Update 02: A tutorial on railroading.
- Update 03: Rub Eyes to Reduce Sneeze Meter.
- Update 04: Can love bloom in the sunflower field?
- Update 05: Elementary, my dear Watson!
- Update 06: Sports, Science and Searching.
- Update 07: Not-so-friendly competition.
- Update 08: Slipping back to the SNES.
- Update 09: Games and grudge matches.
- Update 10: Fairground festivities.
- Update 11: A seashore study on safety.
- Update 12: Hams gone wild.
- Update 13: Pun Level - Red
- Update 14: Punishing Puntaros and Rainbow Rescuing.
- Update 15: Seedy characters and mixed nuts.
- Update 16: But is it art?
- Update 17: Practicing for the Ham-Ham Games.
- Update 18: Helping out the little guys.
- Update 19: The greatest show in the sky.
- Appendix A: Stickers & Mats
- Appendix B: Art Gallery