IntroductionLet's Change Fate in Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Ghost Trick is a puzzle game developed by Shu Takumi, the same guy who's behind the Ace Attorney series. It was released in North America on January 11th 2011 & received mostly positive reviews. It's well known for having great art, including highly fluid animation. It also has a great soundtrack brought to you by the composer of the first Ace Attorney game.
Wait, so is this just Phoenix Wright with ghosts?
This game definitely has many of the quirky charms that made the AA games fun to play. But it's definitely its own beast - the puzzles in Ghost Trick involve a lot of action, and the overall plotline is completely disconnected from the AA series.
So what's the plot, then?
A red-suited man with pointy yellow hair is dead, and he wants to know why he's dead. Revealing anything beyond that is going to be a giant spoiler.
Oh come on, you can reveal more than that without spoiling everyone.
Actually, I can't. And neither can anyone else: A spoiler ban is in effect for this LP. This includes tagged spoilers. Much of the fun in this game is figuring out where the hell the plot's leading you and why the hell anything is happening, and I don't want that ruined for people who haven't played the game before. Speculation is allowed, but please don't go disguising your spoilers as oddly accurate speculation.
Tagged puzzle spoilers are fine as long as they don't bring any plot info into them.
What's the format for this?
Mostly screenshots, with some gifs thrown in to clarify things that don't come across well as still shots(and sometimes just to show off this game's amazing animation quality). Major puzzles will also get a video posted with them, so you can see the whole thing solved at once. But I'll also post them in screenshot format, for those who want commentary and/or don't care to watch videos.
Update schedule will be at least once a week, but I'll aim for more.
Table of Contents
- Update 1: Dead.
- Update 2: Deadline
- Update 3: Blue Skinned Bastards
- Update 4: GOOD DOG
- Update 5: Exit a GOOD DOG, enter a woman who writes "romance" novels and strikes matches on her ass
- Update 6: Swanky Swishy Dude
- Update 7: Exposition Station
- Update 8: Redhead Rescue
- Update 9: The Incredible Murder Machine
- Update 10: Jailhouse Rock
- Update 11: An Onslaught of Surprises
- Update 12: Odd Girl.
- Update 13: One Fate Change Deeper
- Update 14: Infodump Mania
- Update 14.5: Bonus Mini-Update
- Update 15: DON'T PANIC
- Update 16: Ungrateful Beardy Man
- Update 17: Aggrevating Darkness
- Update 18: Moonlit Past
- Update 19: Sheer Heart Attack
- Update 20: A Stubborn Man
- Update 21: The Saddest Thing
- Update 22: The Next Step
- Update 23: Roses, Chandeliers, and Warm Fuzzies
- Update 24: Breakthrough
- Update 25: Temsik Park
- Update 26: The Rock Of The Gods
- Update 27: All Aboard the WHAT Express
- Update 28: Fateception II
- Update 29: The Pigeon Man & The Lovely Lanky Man
- Update 30: Under The Sea
- Update 31: Everything that can go wrong...
- Update 32: Desperate Struggle
- Update 33: One Last Shot
- Update 34: The Real "Sissel"
- Update 35: Ten Years Ago
- Update 36: Sissel
- Update 37: Fate Changed