In a title that everyone who's a fan of the RPG genre, Square and Nintendo came together and created what can only be described as a masterpiece. From the sprite-work, to the music, to the characters themselves, Square created one of the best RPG's to ever grace any console or handheld, but didn't worry about creating a grim-dark story.
See, this was back in the era where Square didn't take themselves as seriously as they do today. Nintendo gave them permission to use their characters and Square captured the spirit of just how silly and fun the Mario world can be. They cast a new light on the king of the Koopas, created a character that is still near and dear to the hearts of fans (and Mallow), and blazed the trail for every following Mario RPG.
So, why have I decided to LP this game? It's easy.
I love it. The story and characters never take themselves too seriously, even though there are a few more heavy-toned moments in the game. And all the characters are great, too. They're well-written, with genuinely funny dialog and actually endearing qualities. As a matter of fact, this portrayal of Bowser is my favorite portrayal of his and e has some of the best sprite-work I've ever seen. (barring his appearance in the Super Mario Brothers Super Show).
The music is fabulous, too. Yoko Shimomura, who also worked on Final Fight, Street Fighter II, and Kingdom Hearts, composed a sexy soundtrack. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best on the SNES, beaten out only by a few choice games.
So, without any further ado, let's get this show on the road!
As far as spoilers go, I don't mind if you discuss spoilery-type things, just as long as you keep them in tags. Chances are, there's a few people out there who haven't played this game, so let's try and respect them. The story here doesn't shift any paradigms or anything, but it's not absolute crap, so let's try and preserve it as best as we can. Also, when it comes to ultimate level equipment, such as a certain weapon/armor combo and a few accessories, it's the same for story spoilers; I'd like to keep those as much of a surprise as I can, since they can be extremely sexy with their effects.
- Update One: Just Another Day as Jumpman
- Update Two: Mario Goes For A Stroll
- Update Three: Of Fat Frogs and Fireballs
- Update Four: The Shark has Pretty Teeth
- Update Five: From Boos to Bon Appetit!
- Update Six: Look at that fuckin' mustache.
- Update Seven: Hello, Crooks and Koopas!
- Update Eight: Star Powered Iron Man
- Update Nine: Over the River and through the Woods
- Update Ten: To GrandBowyer's House We Go!
- Update Eleven: Pipe Vaults and Goomba Thumpin'
- Update Twelve: Mine Cart Madness
- Update Thirteen: Let's Meet the Super Koopa; Fuck Yes
- Update Fourteen: Akropolis Tower
- Update Fifteen: Chrysler Building
- Update Sixteen: Of Cakes and Cocksuckers
- Update Seventeen: Back to Mushroom Kingdom
- Update Eighteen: To the Star Street!
- Update Nineteen: Avast, Ye Sea Dogs!
- Update Twenty: Fried Calimari, Anyone?
- Update Twenty One: Arr, It's Drivin' Me Nuts!
- Update Twenty Two: Meeting Johnny Jones
- Update Twenty Three: Spear vs. Hammer
- Bonus Update: Quick Vacation
- Update Twenty Four: It's The End Of The World As We Know It
- Update Twenty Five: Desert Punk
- Update Twenty Six: Jinxing the Dojo
- Update Twenty Seven: To The Edge of the World
- Update Twenty Eight: Recycled Water is Pee
- Update Twenty Nine: Fuck These Vines
- Update Thirty: A Plumber's Lament
- Update Thirty One: Tee Hee, You're Hurting Me!
- Update Thirty Two: No Autographs, Please.
- Update Thirty Three: Mario's Peak
- Update Thirty Four: Minister Drake
- Update Thirty Five: Blue Balls Gone
- Update Thirty Six: Repairs In Progress
- Update Thirty Seven: Bowser's Keep: Redux
- Update Thirty Eight: Castle Crashers: The Super Mario DLC
- Bonus Update: Casino Time!
- Update Thirty Nine
- Update Forty: Clang Clang Clang
- Update Forty One: Super Mario Mongoose
- Update Forty Two: Fuck Off If You Want A Hitchhiker's Reference
- Update Forty Three: ~Fin
Dancingbears beat me to the punch and posted the ending credits before I could! Thanks to him, now I don't have to do it!
Kaiju Koopa versus the Axem Arduous Defense Force
So, Sandata decided it would be best to prove how the King of the Koopas is. The best way to prove this, he thought, was to show him destroying the Axem Rangers solo.
And lo, it was indeed.