What happens when you take a reasonably popular strategy game, move it to a handheld, strip out most of the cool features that gave it depth, remove all but one victory condition, and give you units with growths that look like they belong in Thracia 776? Well...you get this. Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals is the sixth installment of the series, and the first to be released on the Game Boy Advance, though much was lost in this transition. Gone are most of the refinements from FE4 and 5, like the lovers system, skills, fatigue, capturing enemies, and the fire/wind/thunder magic triangle; what's left is a game mostly terrible units (complete with a Lord capable of giving FE5 Leaf a run for his money as "Worst lord in the series") and every single map is a seize map. To its credit, this game does mark the first appearance of the support system, complete with all the brokenness that it entails.
Regarding Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (FE7)
Plotwise, Sword of Seals is a sequel to the events of Blazing Sword (or more accurately, FE7 was made as a prequel to this game). It is not required to know the events of FE7 to enjoy FE6 on its own, but for the purposes of this LP, I am assuming you do. If you are not familiar with the game, nothing beats playing it yourself, but I'm told I did a pretty thorough LP of it.
On a similar note, this LP is being written under the assumption that you are at least passingly familiar with the basic Fire Emblem mechanics. By all means, ask and I or someone else in the thread will elaborate and answer any quesitions, but I am not going to waste any time writing up a post detailing how stats, the weapon triangle, etc. work. Anything out of the ordinary in comparison to the rest of the series will be noted, but not at length.
If you followed the FE7 thread, you know pretty much what to expect, but you can expect primarily informative commentary from myself. Much like the Hector Hard Mode run of FE7, Fedule will be joining me (he'll always be in bold text), but there may be other guests depending on who's available, the chapter in question, which way the wind was blowing at 8 am this morning, etc.
That said, I already have a list of people I plan on having as guests (if they're willing). Asking if you can guest is the quickest way to not be allowed to guest, and if you ask more than once I'm going to report you for white noise/spam posting. I don't want to see anyone beg for a spot, and I know that no one else does either. I repeat, Do not ask if you can guest, I will contact you if I want you to.
Other LPs you may enjoy (read: IntSys overload)
Fire Emblem (1): Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light by DKII
Fire Emblem (2) Gaiden by Hafl
Fire Emblem (4): Geneology of the Holy War by Wind God Sety
Fire Emblem (5): Thracia 776 by Cake Attack
Fire Emblem (7): Blazing Sword by some handsome and magnificent tactical genius
Fire Emblem (8): The Sacred Stones by Katreus (requires archives)
Fire Emblem (8): The Sacred Stones by Blastinus
Fire Emblem (9): Path of Radiance by Fedule
Fire Emblem (10): Radiant Dawn also by Fedule
Fire Emblem (11): Shadow Dragon by TenaCrane (requires archives)
Fire Emblem (12): Heroes of Light and Shadow also by TenaCrane
Advance Wars by Paul.Power
Advance Wars 2 also by Paul.Power
Advance Wars: Dual Strike by Alkydere
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin by Seraphroy
Table of Contents
(Trial Map 4, 5, and all hard mode updates courtesy of Sydin)
- Chapter 1: Dawn of Destiny
- Chapter 2: The Princess of Bern (feat. Cake Attack) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 3: Late Arrival (feat. Alkydere)
- Chapter 4: Collapse of the Alliance (feat. Cake Attack) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 5: Fire Emblem (feat. Toothache) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 6: The Trap (feat. Sydin) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 7: Rebellion at Ostia (feat. Toothache) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 8: Reunion (feat. Toothache) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 8x: The Blazing Sword (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 9: The Misty Isles (feat. Alkydere) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 10A: The Resistance Forces (feat. Cake Attack) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 11A: Hero of the West (feat. Alkydere) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 12: The True Enemy (feat. Toothache)
- Chapter 12x: The Axe of Lightning (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 13: Rescue Mission (feat. Cake Attack) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 14: Arcadia (feat. Alkydere) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 14x: The Infernal Element (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 15: Dragon Girl (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 16: Retaking the Capitol (feat. Toothache) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 16x: The Pinnacle of Light (Hard Mode)
- Bonus 1 - Chapter 10B: Caught in the Middle (feat. Cake Attack) (Bonus, Hard Mode) (The short version, by OFS)
- Bonus 2 - Chapter 11B: Escape to Freedom (Hard Mode)
- Bonus 3 - Elphin Conversations and Supports
- Chapter 17B: The Bishops Teachings (feat. Cake Attack) (Hard Mode) (OFS strikes again)
- Chapter 18B: The Law of Sacae (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 19B: Battle for Bulgar (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 20B: The Silver Wolf (feat. Cake Attack) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 20Bx: The Bow of Winds (Hard Mode)
- Bonus 4 - Chapter 17A: The Path Through the Sea (Hard Mode)
- Bonus 5 - Chapter 18A: The Frozen River (feat. Wind God Sety) (Hard Mode)
- Bonus 6 - Chapter 19A: The Bitter Cold (Hard Mode)
- Bonus 7 - Chapter 20A: The Liberation of Ilia (Hard Mode)
- Bonus 8 - Chapter 20Ax: The Frozen Spear (Hard Mode) (The OFS version)
- Chapter 21: The Sword of Seals (feat. Wind God Sety) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 21x: The Silencing Darkness (feat. Alkydere) (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 22: The Neverending Dream (feat. Cake Attack) (Hard Mode)
- The Bad Ending
- Chapter 23: The Ghosts of Bern (Hard Mode)
- Chapter 24: The Truth of the Legend (Hard Mode)
- Endgame: Beyond the Darkness (Hard Mode)
- The Good Ending
- Trial Map 1: Valley of Death
- Trial Map 2: Fog Warfare + Trial Map 3: Castle Defense (Trial Map 2, the OFS version)
- Trial Map 4: Pincer Attack
- Trial Map Characters
- Trial Map 5: A Solo Mission (OFS, one last time)
Fanart, Contributions, Other Shit
Toothache gives us a TAS run of the game. Come back when you get the real ending, scrub.
Toothache with the cross-game humor
Tenacrane unleashes a scientific and magical revolution upon the world: The Perpetual-Motion Axe. And yet, somehow, it could still probably hit Fir.
Jake, what are you doing here? Go back to Alky's thread. (by Adelheid Stark)
I'm gonna have to go arou-
Ford the river!
Ford the river!
B-but my goods will be washed away!
Ford the river!
You don't count.
Sydin leaves our humble merchant with few favorable options. Bellmaker is happy to give some input on what Merlinus should do.
Now that's just ridiculous, OFS, where would they even get a sword that big?
Captain Bravo reveals the secret behind the various nomad trooper oddities.
Reaver-chat culminates in OFS's depiction of the humble archer's greatest foe.
OFS tells the sad tale of the little wyvern rider that could(n't).
We have to go Sheeper
Roy and the gang celebrate Christmas while holed up in Bern Keep. Omniphile gives us a sneak peak at the proceedings.
Let's MSPaint some level-up templates!
These masterpieces come from HotandColdAF.
Captain Bravo shows us the true glory of Bors.
GrabbinPeels figures out the secret of Fir's class.
OrangeFluffySheep does...whatever the hell he does.