Hate Plus is a direct sequel to the game Analogue: A Hate Story, created by Christine Love. It's a dark visual novel about history, gender, transhumanism, civil liberties, baking, cosplay, and above all, hate.
Things to know
- Knowledge of Analogue is definitely necessary to fully appreciate this game. Fortunately, there is an Let's Play of it already completed. I strongly advise playing the game or reading that before continuing on to this LP.
- Hate Plus is about the aftermath of an investigation into the derelict colony ship Mugunghwa, which lost the last of its human passengers under tragic circumstances hundreds of years ago. Together with an AI partner, we will uncover the truth of how the egalitarian society on board the ship devolved into a cruel, medieval world.
- Hate Plus has even more reading than its predecessor. Strap on your reading glasses and get ready to do some research.
- I'll be endeavoring to cover as much of the game and its many endings as I possibly can.
- Hate Plus has some very dark material, touching on some very serious themes. I'll give fair warnings before any content that some readers might not be comfortable with.
- I'll be endeavouring to update every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the course of the LP. If there are any changes to this schedule, I'll let you know.
- While the game is fewer than three months old, I have asked for and received permission to run this LP from Christine Love, and OK'd it with slowbeef.
NO SPOILERS IN THE THREAD.
If it hasn't happened yet, don't post it. If you are inclined to put something in spoiler tags, don't post it. If you want to talk about a different way a scene could have gone if I had picked a different choice, don't post it. If you want to talk about how oh man, this next scene is so intense, wink wink, don't post it.
The only time when spoilers are in any way OK for this thread is if I say in the LP that I honestly don't know something, in which case an explanation in spoiler tags is welcome. Beyond that, keep those lips sealed.
Any time I open a decision to a vote, the vote will remain open until I post my next update or specifically say I'm closing the vote. One vote per person, put your choice in bold so that I can see it.
If you have mentioned in the thread that you've already played this, then please refrain from voting. I'm not concerned about you trying to shadow puppeteer the course of the LP, but how you vote may affect how people who haven't played the game vote.
Bonus rule: If you make a vote with an accompanying, related piece of fanart, your vote will be counted twice. I reserve the right to not count something if it's super low-effort, but I'm going to be pretty broad with this.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Incoming Message
- Part 2: *Hyun-ae, day 1 - Status report
- Part 3: *Hyun-ae, day 1 - Let's crush a rebellion
- Part 4: *Hyun-ae, day 1 - Elegance in her cat-like grin
- Part 5: *Hyun-ae, day 1 - That boy
- Part 6: *Hyun-ae, day 1 - Don't Pick the Flowers
- Part 7: *Hyun-ae, day 2 - Good morning
- Part 8: *Hyun-ae, day 2 - I hate the mornings after
- Part 9: *Hyun-ae, day 2 - The most extravagant bribery
- Part 10: *Hyun-ae, day 2 - Motherhood Credit Act
- Part 11: *Hyun-ae, day 2 - The New Council
- Part 12: *Hyun-ae, day 2 - Unity Act
- Part 13: *Hyun-ae, day 2 - The Research Problem
- Part 14: *Hyun-ae, day 2 - The Death of *Mute
- Part 15: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - Cake!
- Part 16: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - Cake, cake!
- Part 17: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - The most important thing
- Part 18: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - Burned evidence, burned feelings
- Part 19: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - Striking back at society's betrayal
- Part 20: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - Worthless as a wife
- Part 21: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - The Pale Bride
- Part 22: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - Without Him
- Part 23: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - I need a firm answer
- Part 24: *Hyun-ae, day 3 - Survivor's testimony
- Part 25: *Hyun-ae, Alternate dialogue day 1
- Part 26: *Hyun-ae, Alternate dialogue day 2
- Part 27: *Hyun-ae, Alternate endings
- Part 28: *Mute, day 1 - Declaration of a New Dynasty
- Part 29: *Mute, day 1 - Old *Mute
- Part 30: *Mute, day 1 - Ryu Hyeon-su
- Part 31: *Mute, day 2 - Mimi
- Part 32: *Mute, day 2 - Heo Ae-jeong
- Part 33: *Mute, day 2 - Heo Seo-yeong
- Part 34: *Mute, day 2 - Oh Eun-a
- Part 35: *Mute, day 3 - Farewell
- Part 36: *Mute, day 3 - New *Mute
- Part 37: *Mute, day 3 - Mae Jin-a
- Part 38: *Mute, day 3 - Hate breaks you down
- Part 39: *Mute, alternate dialogue day 1
- Part 40: *Mute, alternate dialogue day 2 - Kim So-yi
- Part 41: *Mute, alternate dialogue day 2 - Mae Jin-a
- Part 42: *Mute, alternate ending
- Part 43: AI Harem, day 1 - It's *Hyun-ae's fault, okay?
- Part 44: AI Harem, day 1 - Rescue me from her
- Part 45: AI Harem, day 1 - You're a computer program, so you can't have soup
- Part 46: AI Harem, day 2 - Is this another one of your otaku things?
- Part 47: AI Harem, day 2 - Take a little bit of sisterly advice, okay?
- Part 48: AI Harem, day 2 - Let's never talk about any of that ever again
- Part 49: AI Harem, day 2 - I'm really not okay
- Part 50: AI Harem, day 3 - Don't be like me
- Part 51: AI Harem, day 3 - I know what it's like to be scared
- Part 52: AI Harem, day 3 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- Part 53: AI Harem, day 3 - I don't remember this at all
- Part 54: AI Harem, day 3 - I don't know how I'm supposed to feel anymore
- Part 55: AI Harem, day 3 - Let's enjoy our hateful days together
From Wandering Knitter:
From Purient Squid: