IntroductionGetting Schooled [Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis]
Video- Mana Khemia Intro
Watch the Video
What is Mana Khemia?
Mana Khemia (also known as Project A9) is actually a really remarkable game, because it is a game about alchemy that itself feels like the result of alchemy. Various elements of its closest spiritual ancestors, the three games of the Iris series, were combined along with some exciting new ideas to create something really above and beyond any of the prior games.
At various points in the game I will ask for input as to, for example, whose side quests we want to do and what classes we want to take when we have options. The first, it should be noted, controls which ending we get, so when we get to that point some level of care should be taken.
I would also like to note that I would greatly prefer it if you avoided spoilers, even in spoiler tags so as to not, well, spoil the awesome stuff that happens in the story.
Our main character. The son of a famous alchemist, Theofratus Aurelius, Vayne has been living in an old abandoned house with his cat Sulpher.
Vaynes cat. Only Vayne can understand Sulpher, and it seems as though there is more than meets the eye to him.
Vaynes classmate. She seems to know a bit about alchemy, and is allied with a Mana of Wind. She constantly explodes things, and was almost arrested for doing alchemy without a license. Was very ill as a child, which shortened her lifespan.
Nicole Mimi Tithel:
Vaynes classmate. Shes a beastman, making her a minority at Al-Revis. She has a lot of people angry thanks to her flirtatious ways. She's a talented singer.
An upperclassman looking to stay in his present workshop. Has become a Defender of Justice.
A ghost girl who has lived at Al-Revis for quite some time.
A transfer student from a prestigious alchemist family. Hates Vayne for some reason. Joined our workshop on a bet.
A young girl who started at Al-Revis in our sophomore year. Flay managed to convince her to join our workshop.
An alien whose crashed ship we discovered. Has joined our workshop even though we really shouldn't have let him.
A rather unpleasant person who attempted to kidnap Vayne on his first day at Al-Revis.
A rather disinterested person who did not particularly help or hinder the attempt to kidnap Vayne on his first day.
A rumormonger at Al-Revis.
Al-Revis Principal, who actually seems to be a pretty cool guy.
The Vice Principal:
Al-Revis Vice Principal, who is rather more stern than the Principal. Flay seems to know her so well that he refers to her by her real name, much to her annoyance.
Vaynes homeroom teacher at Al-Revis. He also was the one sent to offer Vayne a place at the school. Also teaches Synthesis Basics. Classmate of Theofratus Aurelius.
Teaches Combat courses at Al-Revis.
Teaches Predictology courses at Al-Revis. Seems to have known Theofratus Aurelius.
A Professor at Al-Revis.
Runs the Student Store at Al-Revis.
The school nurse. Takes her job much more seriously than is immediately evident. Also teaches Pharmacy.
The school registrar. She handles student enrollment in courses.
Runs the Athanor, a magical forge at Al-Revis.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The First Day
- Chapter 2: The Basics
- Chapter 3: The Beast in the Ruins
- Chapter 4: The New Kid
- Chapter 5: Tools of the Trade
- Chapter 6: Bombs and Boys
- Chapter 7: The Midterm
- Chapter 8: On Break
- Chapter 9: Bombs and Boys, Redux
- Chapter 10: Ghost Stories
- Chapter 11: Good News
- Chapter 12: I Dig This Course
- Chapter 13: Flays Gambit
- Chapter 14: Vayne Should Really Stay In Bed
- Chapter 15: Welcome to Thunderdome
- Chapter 16: The New Kid
- Chapter 17: Boomerangs, How Do They Work?
- Chapter 18: Working Hard For the Money
- Chapter 19: Mana and Misunderstandings
- Chapter 20: The Furthest Reach
- Chapter 21: Summer Project
- Chapter 22: The Sword, The Light, and The Mask
- Chapter 23: The Fallen Star
- Chapter 24: Rumors of A New Festival
- Chapter 25: Symbols and a Race
- Chapter 26: I Almost Died
- Chapter 27: Life, Death, and Song
- Chapter 28: The Trivia Challenge
- Chapter 29: Illness
- Chapter 30: Honoring the Wind
- Chapter 31: Better Killing Through Science
- Chapter 32: Evil and Crazy
- Chapter 33: Friends and Heroes
- Chapter 34: The Coming Darkness
- Chapter 35: An Ending of Sorts
- Chapter 36: The Flask and Globe
- Chapter 37: Like A Job
- Chapter 38: A Swarm and a Test
- Chapter 39: Love and Justice?
- Chapter 40: The End of the Beginning
- Chapter 41: Confusion
- Chapter 42: How Can A Sorbet Be Warm?
- Chapter 43: Fanatics and Pharmacy
- Chapter 44: Wait What Just Happened?
- Chapter 45: On the Knifes Edge
- Chapter 46: Moving Forward
- Chapter 47: The Final Courses
- Chapter 48: The Final Jobs
- Chapter 49: The Promise
- Chapter 50: Spiral
- Chapter 51: Slouching Towards Oblivion
- Chapter 52: The Wish
- Chapter 53: The Alchemy Hour of Power
- Chapter 54: The Hearts Prison
- Chapter 55: One Light in the Darkness
- Chapter 56: Being Human
- Chapter 57: Brother
- Chapter 58: The Extraterrestrial
- Chapter 59: The Swordmaiden
- Chapter 60: The Alchemist Knight
- Chapter 61: The Duel
- Chapter 62: Battle Without End
- Chapter 63: Song
- Chapter 64: A Forceful Personality
- Chapter 65: The Sixth Sense
- Chapter 66: Dead and Loving It
- Chapter 67: Aurelius, Vayne Aurelius
- Chapter 68: The Greatest Enemy