Released in the US on April 2008, The World Ends With You (It's A Wonderful World in Japan) is easily one of the best games on the DS. The game takes full advantage of the dual screens and touchscreen features with a unique gameplay style that I think is just incredible. Combine this with a surprisingly good story and a great soundtrack and, well, it's great.
This is a hybrid LP, so the screenshots don't cover things in the videos, and vice-versa.
Some style notes about dialogue:
: Normal text after a portrait like this are things I am saying aloud, even if to myself.
: Italicized text are my thoughts, explicitly in thought balloons. Sometimes I switch between thoughts and speech in the same monologue.
: The game sometimes uses red text to denote a story term with a different definition from normal. Such red text will be bolded. Normally this only happens the first time the term appears.
Table of Contents
- Day 1: Reaper's Game
- Day 2: Don't Kill Me (Part 1)
- Day 2: Don't Kill Me (part 2)
- Day 3: Who 2 Trust (Part 1)
- Day 3: Who 2 Trust (Part 2)
- Day 3: Who 2 Trust (Part 3)
- Day 4: Erased (Part 1)
- Day 4: Erased (Part 2)
- Day 5: Empty Urban Legends (Part 1)
- Day 5 :Empty Urban Legends (Part 2)
- Day 6: Inferiorty/Superiority (Part 1)
- Day 6: Inferiority/Superiority (Part 2)
- Day 7: Wakeless Dream
- Week 1 choice scans
- Day 1: Rulez
- Day 2: Reapers (Part 1)
- Day 2: Reapers (Part 2)
- Day 3: Roamin' The Streets (Part 1)
- Day 3: Roamin' The Streets (Part 2)
- Day 3: Roamin' The Streets (Part 3)
- Day 4: Pinned (Part 1)
- Day 4: Pinned (Part 2)
- Day 4: Pinned (Part 3)
- Day 5: Turf (Part 1)
- Day 5: Turf (Part 2)
- Day 6: Beast on the Prowl (Part 1)
- Day 6: Beast on the Prowl (Part 2)
- Day 7: Clash of Desires
- Week 2 choice scans
- 7 Days Left: Sensible/Senseless
- 7 Days Left: Sensible/Senseless (Part 2)
- 6 Days Left: Style. (Part 1)
- 6 Days Left: Style. (Part 2)
- 5 days left: The Composer (Part 1)
- 5 days left: The Composer (Part 2)
- 4 Days Left: Indelible Guilt
- 3 Days Left: Vanishing Point (Part 1)
- 3 Days Left: Vanishing Point. (Part 2)
- 2 Days Left: Stride
- The Last Day: Game (Part 1)
- The Last Day: Game (Part 2)
- The Last Day: Game (Part 3)
- The Last Day: Game (Game Over)
- Week 3 Choice Scans
- The Postgame: Getting Started on the Path of Getting Buff
- The Postgame: Shopping Spree!!!
- Secret Reports W1D1 - W1D4
- Secret Reports W1D5 - W1D7
- Secret Reports: W2D1 - W2D4
- Secret Reports: W2D5 - W3D1
- Episode 1: Watch Out, World! The Legendary Slamurai is Born!!
- Episode 2: Tragedy at the Slam-Off!! Black Skullers Emerge!!
- Episode 3: Go! Slammers for Justice!! Birth of the Kindred Spirits!!
- Episode 4: Three-Headed Monster! Spirits, Defeat the Wizard!!
- Episode 5: The Divinely Handsome Prince of Shibuya and his White Angels!
- Episode 6: You Are Not Alone In This Fight! Slammin' Allies!
- Episode 7: A New Comrade?! The 6th Kindred Spirit!!
- Episode 8: Red Kaiser Dies!!
- Episode 9: The Great Dream of All Slammers! Kindred Spirits, Defeat the Black Skullers!!
- Episode 10: A Slam... and Then...
- Secret Reports: W3D2 - W3D7
- Pork City
- Secret Report: Another Day
- End on a Positive Note
- Secret Reports: W2D1 - W2D4 in MSPaint! (April Fools '12)
FanartOnce he's brave enough to wear his own pants, Neku will move on to this. By Amidiri.
Sometimes I am firmly convinced that my entire audience is insane. This is one of those times. By Lunar Suite.
Doomfunk examines both why sprites not showing clothes is a bad thing and why it's perfectly fine they don't.