IntroductionHello guys and gals! My name is not Epee Em, so Let's play Mega Man Battle Network 2!
So then! History? Which is kind of recent now but will eventually not be, Epee Em played through all of the Mega Man Battle Networks, doing an amazing job, unfortunately his original image hosts were not so amazing, so MMBNs 2 & 3 were lost in a puff of server smoke. After spending so long putting together the original updates, Epee Em quite reasonably decided he didn't want to spend any more time redoing 'em. So he threw up his hands and welcomed anybody else to do it. And I foolishly decided to be that anybody else.
Anyway. For those of you just joining us, Mega Man Battle Network = Mega Man card battle RPG for the GBA. Actually, it is a series that is (with one shining exception, thanks MMBN4) a million times more fun than that sounds. As far as Mega Man games go though, it's... very un-Mega Man like. And fairly un-card-battle-RPG like, in that it actually rewards skill and has action in the random battles.
However, the RPG stories tend to be about as retarded as you get without extra chromosomes. You shall see...
Mega Man Battle Network 1 on lparchive
Mega Man Battle Networks 4-6 on lparchive
Mega Man Battle Network 1 tool-assisted speedrun on TASVideos
BlizBlast's current LP of Mega Man Battle Network 4!
Table of Contents
- #1: Classrooms, Unskippable tutorials and ~BFFs~
- #2: zlicense ZLicense ZLICENSE
- #3: GAS-POWERED WATER HEATER
- #4: Finishing up the GasComp with AirMan. Insert fart joke here
- #5: Doing nothing to progress the plot. Fighting GutsMan.
- #6: We're not going camping today. Fighting ToadMan.
- #7: BLicense time! Fighting AirMan V2.
- #8: Job requests and ham-fisted foreshadowing!
- #9: Camping yaaaaaay!
- #10: CAMPING YAAAAAAY. Fighting QuickMan.
- #11: Slow project preparation. Fighting GateMan.
- #12: Not going to Yumland. A bloo bloo bloo
- #13: We got a license. Just a license
- #14: YumLand is not delicious
- #15: More yummy shenanigans. Fighting CutMan.
- #16: Hey it's Lan's dad!!! Fighting ToadMan V2.
- #17: Always never think things through. Fighting GutsMan V3 and CutMan V2.
- #18: Saving the Square from incompetent officals. GutsMan S-rank and AirMan S-rank.
- #19: Style Change
- #20: Oh God, MotherComp is full of Mr Progs!! Fighting ShadowMan.
- #21: Getting a passport. GateMan V2
- #22: Fucking around doing more missions
- #23: AIRPLANES YAAAY! CutMan S-rank
- #24: Getting robbed in Netopia. Aaaaaaaaaaaa!
- #25: Being less stupid in Netopia.
- #26: Gaining access to the Netopian Net. By Street Fighting. I mean, Net-navi fighting. On the street. Fighting ThunderMan.
- #27: On the Net in Netopia
- #28: THE POWER. THE ULTIMATE POWERRRR. Fighting SnakeMan. ToadMan V3 S-Rank.
- #29: NetMafia attack at the NetMafia conference? Oh noes.
- #30: ALL MY FRIENDS DIE IN THIS UPDATE
- #31: PLOT TWIST!!
- #32: "Whoo!" Fighting KnightMan!
- #33: A wee stroll through the Undernet
- #34: In which we finally leave
- #35: Our mission: Annoy everybody on this plane
- #36: THIS IS THE UPDATE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR
- #37: I have had it with these motherfuckin' magnets on this motherfuckin' plane!! Fighting MagnetMan.
- #38: Home for a day and everything goes to shit
- #39: Style change again!!
- #40: Ice, ice, baby
- #41: The keyword is 'WWW'. Oops, spoiler.
- #42: Doc! We've gotta go back! To the Undernet!
- #43: A series of dick moves
- #44: Why does everyone keep saying Koto is evil?
- #45: OK, there's no more ice after this one. Fighting FreezeMan
- #46: Only one evil syndicate on the internet at a time, thanks
- #47: Things are about to get Capcom
- #48: Radiation can do all these things. I know this from my Superman comics.
- #49: Pretty hair and pretty dresses! And something about Gospel? IDK
- #50: Gospel wins the Lifetime Achievement Award for "Stupidest Thing Ever"
- #51: The end...?
- #51.5: Wait there's a postgame? Special glitch update~
- #52: All the requests, all the requests.
- #53: Destination: postgame
- #54: SS Licensed! Also somehow QuickMan V3 S-rank.
- #55: SSS Licensssed! ProtoMan V3 S-rank.
- #56: A whole lot of navi-fighting. S-ranking everybody before postgame.
- #57: Extra bosses?! Well I never! Fighting PlanetMan, and the Real Bass
- #58: The last bits and pieces, and farewell!
BonusDoctor MissEchelon's virus roundup
- Virus roundup - Den Area
- Virus roundup - Early dungeons and friend's computers
- Virus roundup - Past Okuden
- Chip information - Den Area
- Chip information - Early dungeons and friend's computers
- Chip information - Past Okuden
TRUE WILDLIFE STORIES by Mr. Soop
Coco Bear posted:
Fighting netcrime by moonlight,
Going camping by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
He is the one named Mega Man!
~MMBN LP (and floating-head-avatar) BUDDIES~ by Epee Em, master of MSPaint
also shamelessly stolen from BlitzBlast's MMBN4 thread
Epee Em posted:
G-G-G-G-GOSPEL! Order today and you can grow your very own servers! Just crank up your computer, start fusing BugFrags, and before you know it, you'll have your very own Gospel Server farm!
Only 3 easy payments of $19.99. NetVisa, Netopian Express and CyberCard accepted. The manufacturers of Grow-A-Gospel cannot be held responsible for radiation sickness, porcine metamorphosis, sterility, or the sudden development of superpowers.
Random other thread art:
Rock-Paper-Scissors, as requested by Jaltos
Jaltos also won the 'guess my first style change' thing, and requested a thing to do with style changes. So, here's the style I wanted to get.
Something that is not an update, but goes between #31 and #32