IntroductionWell, two that have been released in English. Still waiting for the fantranslation of Soul Hackers...
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
The Hero of the Capital Returns!
It is still the prosperous Taiho era in Japan's capitao when devil-summoning detective Raidou Kuzunoha the 14th is thrown into his next great case. When the Narumi Detective Agency is hired in a missing person case, Raidou finds himself on the trail of crooked gamblers, masked ninjas and strange insects... All leading to the mysterious King Abaddon.
Do battle with blades, bullets and beasts, and discover the strategic possibilities of the new MAG balancing system.
Demon negotiation lets you choose whether to fight your enemies or recruit them. Collect and fuse almost 200 demons, and take any two into battle!
Use the retooled Sword Alchemy system to create new swords with unique special attacks.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon, simply known as Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon (デビルサマナー 葛葉ライドウ 対 アバドン王, Debiru Samanā Kuzunoha Raidō tai Abadon Ō?) in Japan, is an action role-playing game in the Megami Tensei franchise. Along with the previous game Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army and the official derivative novel Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Dead Ekishi, the game continues a sub-metaseries dedicated to the titular hero Raidou Kuzunoha.
Developed and published by Atlus, it was released in Japan on October 23, 2008 in two formats. The standard version included a soundtrack CD, while the limited edition, Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon Plus, came packaged with a new version of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne titled Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax Chronicle Edition, which includes a guest appearance by Raidou Kuzunoha. SMT: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon was then released in North America on May 12, 2009, with all launch units containing a rare collectible plush doll of Raiho, a version of the Atlus mascot Jack Frost, dressed as Raidou. A release in PAL-territories has not been announced so far. Koei, which has published the previous game of the series in PAL-territories, has no plans to publish this game.
I have the Raiho plush toy. It is awesome.
IN ANY CASE: My previous SMT Let's Plays:
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army
Digital Devil Saga
Other Megaten series LPs:
SMT: If by Satsu
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment by Schildkrote
Persona 3 by Schildkrote
Persona 4 by Schildkrote
Persona 3 Fes: The Answer by Feinne
More if I find them/get notices about them/if I remember them.
How will this work? Pretty much just like the first Raidou thread: Screenshots and transcriptions for most of the things, video for important events and battles. And there are a lot of those this time around.
Table of Contents
- Update 1: Starting again. NAMING.
- Update 2: Ritual of Battle
- Update 3: Back to the City
- Update 4: Caffeine and an unexpected client.
- Update 5: Preliminary investigation.
- Update 6: Victor's new invention
- Update 7: Conversation!
- Update 8: Meeting Satake
- Update 9: Crossdressing and Passwords
- Update 10: Demons being recruited.
- Update 11: Meeting Goro Tatsumi
- Update 12: Chasing Tatsumi
- Update 13: Clearly the update number cannot be significant, right?
- Update 14: Luckless.
- Update 15: Investigative prowess.
- Update 16: Kasumidai reached, much faster this time.
- Update 17: Akane is not cooperating
- Update 18: Dark Tsukudo-Cho finished.
- Update 19: Shin-Sekai
- Update 20: GHOST CAR
- Update 21: Dark Mannen-Cho
- Update 22: Introducing Sword Fusion. And Jack Frost, ho
- Update 23: Osamu Located.
- Update 24: Facing Tatsumi for the last time
- Update 25: First Chapter: DONE.
- Update 26: Out of the Capital? Oh my.
- Update 27: Village
- Update 28: Creepy song.
- Update 29: Faeries are assholes
- Update 30: Out of the woods.
- Update 31: The Chief
- Update 32: Geirin
- Update 33: Holy Plot Exposition, Batman.
- Update 34: Luck regained.
- Update 35: Broke and bailed out by the cat.
- Update 36: More goddamn Fukorutsubo.
- Update 37: Narita's Fukorutsubo BROKEN
- Update 38: Facing Dahn
- Update 39: Second chapter ending.
- Update 40: Chapter 3 Starts
- Update 41: Soda.
- Update 42: Tarrasque rescue
- Update 43: Great Summoner's Hall
- Update 44: Unlocking the second mirror.
- Update 45: Beating the Guardian in the Great Summoner's Hall
- Update 46: Centipede Road
- Update 47: Dahn's... Invitation?
- Update 48: Meeting Lord Tento
- Update 49: A Bride
- Update 50: Pojitrawn.
- Update 51: Chapter 4: Prelude to Abaddon
- Update 52: Filing Cases
- Update 53: Akane's last wish
- Update 54: Marriage Ritual
- Update 55: Dahn's Strike
- Update 56: Dahn Imprisoned.
- Update 57: Off the Map!
- Update 58: Mushibito
- Update 59: Prophecy?
- Update 60: Training Hall
- Update 61: Tae is located.
- Update 62: Ishigami
- Update 63: Going down.
- Update 64: Defeating a giant Fiend.
- Update 65: Chapter 4 Ending
- Update 66: Narumi's hunger
- Update 67: Policemen and hats.
- Update 68: HEE HO.
- Update 69: Encounters in a place of worship.
- Update 70: Crime Scene Investigation: Capital
- Update 71: Raidou is going through changes.
- Update 72: Unavoidable Loss
- Update 73: Only a bit of skin.
- Update 74: Russia's Greatest Love Machine
- Update 75: Black Rider
- Update 76: Ritual of Unsealing: Phase 1
- Update 77: Red Rider
- Update 78: Shouten is defeated.
- Update 79: Third part of the ritual done, just two more to go.
- Update 80: Fourth part done. One more palette Swapped Dragon left.
- Update 81: RITUAL FINISHED
- Update 82: Cazse file break.
- Update 83: More Case Files. Toilet.
- Update 84: Beating Mikaboshi
- Update 85: Apollyon defeated.
- Update 86: Oh, Dahn.
- Update 87: Aspect of Anger?
- Update 88: The song, explained.
- Update 89: Raidou Kuzunoha: Rescuer
- Update 90: Last Rider Defeated
- Update 91: Former bosses.
- Update 92: No more Golden Fukoshi.
- Update 93: Akane Resurfaces
- Update 94: A song and a legend.
- Update 95: More Case Files.
- Update 96: Mercy kill?
- Update 97: Fight in front of the Pojitrawn
- Update 98: Reading the Scripture
- Update 99: Raidou chooses someone.
- Update 100: Geirin coughs.
- Update 101: Totally not "The Word of God"
- Update 102: Goddamn pits traps.
- Update 103: Geirins.
- Update 104: Death of a Geirin
- Update 105: Taotie
- Update 106: Chapter 7 Start
- Update 107: Shared dreams?
- Update 108: Nothing ominous here, no sir.
- Update 109: Psycho Apollyon?
- Update 110: Leaving Dahn to fend for himself is a good idea.
- Update 111: Grind and reunion.
- Update 112: Suicidal Bugmen
- Update 113: Infinite Abyss?
- Update 114: An alternative to swords to deal with giant insects.
- Update 115: OH GOD MY EYES
- Update 116: Not safe for work
- Update 117: Akarana Corridor
- Update 118: More goddamn Case Files
- Update 119: Back to the retina-searing place.
- Update 120: Reunion
- Update 121: Mot is the prince of darkness! Or something.
- Update 122: Crossroads
- Update 123: Chaos Path Locked
- Update 124: Rebeating goddamn riders.
- Update 125: Last Stretch reached?
- Update 126: Soulless Army Boss Rush!
- Update 127: Last Sphere REACHED.
- Update 128: Attack of the 50 foottall Linkin Park Song
- Update 129: Manly Shinado
- Update 130: Shinado is a ball!
- Update 131: Epilogue
- Update 132: Fast track through Law Path, part 1.
- Update 133: Giant Dahn
- Update 134: Law Ending.